So you’re looking to move house and need removalists… but where do you start? How can you find removal companies in your city that will provide a good service at an affordable price? And how do you know which removalist will be best suited for your move – both location and size wise?
Answer: Consider the following points when choosing Australian removal companies to ensure that the removal company will successfully complete your removal.
1) Check what services they offer, and learn about any additional fees
2) Find out if they have insurance so you will receive compensation if something goes wrong
3) Know what their terms of business are and if they stick to them
4) Read client reviews and testimonials
5) Ask for removal company referrals or contact to other clients
6) Ensure you have all the removalist removal company contact details necessary in case of an emergency
7) Ask for removal company testimonials and see if they are accredited by any industry associations
8) Find out about their office removalists customer service including how their phone numbers to call when something goes wrong, what the process is if it does, and whether they send someone out immediately or if it needs to be assessed first
9) Find out what time the removalist arrive at your home, what time they leave, and when you will receive a written confirmation. This ensures that you know everything beforehand.
10) Ask about their accident and injury insurance
11) Ask what kind of removal equipment they use and whether it is well maintained and in good condition
12) Check if their office staff are friendly and helpful
13) Find out what payment methods they offer (credit card or cash?)
14) Ask them for references
15) Get a removal quote so you know how much your removal will cost
16/ Make sure you know which cities they travel to and from – this is especially important for interstate removal services.
Removal companies often have an affordable removalist removal service, but it’s important that you are aware of all the costs involved before booking your removal. Removal companies may charge extra fees for things like stairs, size of your move, packing materials and insurance cover. Some removalists also charge hourly rates if they arrive late or finish early. It pays to ask about these charges before accepting any removalist removal service quotes.
Some removals services also offer optional insurance cover which can provide compensation in case something goes wrong during your move – this is not compulsory but advisable as accidents do happen! However, make sure that if at any stage during your removal – or even before it begins – there’s something about the removal company that doesn’t sit right with you, call them to discuss it.
Reduce removalist removal service stress by asking removal companies about their removal equipment and vehicles – if they use a ute, for instance, how is the back bed of the ute covered? What condition would it be in after a move? Remove at least one item from your removal list to avoid having too much furniture in the removal truck. Lastly, make sure there’s plenty of room in the moving truck so that everything can fit.
Unwanted items always seem to multiply when you’re getting ready for a house move! This is an unwanted inconvenience as most removal companies won’t take your junk unless you pay them extra. If this sounds like something you might do, then consider avoiding removal stress by hiring a skip instead of packing unwanted items away for removal.
Moving house can be one of life’s most stressful experiences. Finding removalists removal services that suit your individual needs is the key to making it go smoothly.
What happens if I have any problems with my removals company during my house move?
Get a removalist removal service that suits your individual needs. Ask removal companies removal services for quotes from at least 3 removalists removal services before making a choice. If possible, get written quotes in case there’s any disagreement later.
Finally, make sure that everything is carefully wrapped up in strong packing boxes to prevent any damages during removal.
The removal company should:
- Tell you how many removalists will be coming and specifically who they will be (rather than sending a team of strangers)
- Arrive on time for removal day and make sure the removalist’s truck is big enough to fit everything you need inside it safely and without damage, as well as having head space at the top for easy moving around.
- Provide strong, clean packing materials such as removal boxes, tape, bubble wrap etc which match your needs; e.g. do you have delicate items that need extra protection? Also take into account if there are any environmental factors such as flooding or heat which might affect your move i.e. removalists removal services may have more stringent packaging requirements.
- Help you disassemble any large furniture – this means they might take pieces of your bed or table away to assemble at the other end for free removal removal service
- Respect your personal items and belongings i.e. if there are photos on the walls, do not pull them off (you should only be asked to move breakables out of reach)
- Ask if you would like help with your removalist removal service packing i.e. do you need someone to stack boxes neatly in one room? Or perhaps an additional person to carry heavy items?
- Offer insurance cover (at an extra cost) for things like lost removal removal service removal case goods removalists removal services and damages.
- Be careful not to damage any fragile goods in transit, especially if there’s a possibility of rain or extreme heat.
- Help you unload at the other end, disassemble again if necessary and put furniture where you want it.
- Save your back so that you don’t overstrain yourself when lifting heavy items such as beds or tables.
If there are any problems after moving house with your removal company including damage caused during removal, make sure to get detailed documentation about what happened. Keep all packing material for future reference (if something gets damaged later on) and take plenty of photos during the move itself to help you remember exactly what items are being moved.